Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Mythic Discussion

As I mentioned this past Sat, I want to try and experiment with incorporating some mythic abilities into the game.  I already use them on a few NPC's, but now I'd like to try it with the PC's.  Each PC has an item that will imbue them with mythic power under special circumstances.  This means (for now at least) the PC's each has 1 mythic rank that can be used in certain mythic dungeons, such as Xanderghul's inner sanctum that the party will be entering next session.  

By the mythic rules, each PC will chose a mythic path which grants certain powers, 1 mythic feat, and the abilities hard to kill, mythic power, and surge +1d6.  I need to know ahead of time what path, feats, and abilities each character will choose so that I can approve it or not.  I don't believe there are too many things at this level that would be game breaking, but I need to know so that I can look into each thing.  

If things go well, I will incorporate another mythic level in the future.  Sources for mythic power than can be used are anything put out by Paizo.  I may allow 3rd party sources, but I will need to familiarize myself with them first.  So post here and look forward to seeing what you guys choose.




Comments:
So here's an example of the info I need using the gnome NPC.

MYTHIC (archmage)
arcane strike, hard to kill, mythic power (5/day), surge +1d6, throw spell, Spell Focus (transmutation)M
 
For Eriok: Champion and Archmage (thanks to Dual Path mythic feat)
Generic Mythic abilities: Hard to Kill, Mythic Power (5/day), Mythic Surge +1d6, +5 HP
Champion's Strike: Fleet Charge
Mythic Path Ability: Overcharge Blast
Mythic Feat: Dual Path (Archmage, Archmage Arcana: Wild Arcana)

 
Terry -- thanks, that's the info I was looking for. Sounds like an interesting combination of abilities, look forward to seeing it in action.
 
Hey Kevin. I wanted to do mythic path for my psion. There is a 3rd party book from Legendary Games called Mythic Hero's Handbook. Terry pointed me towards it. Seems to have the only option for mythic path for psions. If you allow it, I will flesh out what you are looking for . If not, I'll have to look at other options.
 
Update -- heard from Matt and got his PC's mythic plans. Paul, this 3rd party book sounds interesting, I like a lot of the stuff Legendary Games has published for Pathfinder. Let me know what you are looking at and I will see if I can work with it.
 
The mythic psionics stuff in the Mythic Heroes Handbook is reprinted from the original mythic supplement written by Dreamscarred Press for their psionic system (which is the psionic system used for Paul's character). I didn't check to see if Legendary games added anything, but the parts I read were just direct copies of the original material.
 
Ok, here is what I've come up with:

Soren Black: Overmind

Psionic Secret: Mythic Manifestation
Path Abilities: Extra Mythic Feat
Mythic Feats: Power Attack, Psionic Body
Other things: +3 bonus hit points, Hard to Kill, Surge 1d6, Mythic Power 5x/day

 
Paul, I looked at those abilities and I can work with them. Just need to hear from Rob and what he wants to do.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]