Friday, July 03, 2026

4th of July

 Happy Independence Day!! Hope you guys get into something fun this weekend.  As for Pathinder, the next time I can run is July 25.  I have tentative PC's for Terry, Ron, and Paul.  I have one Npc ready, not sure if I need to make any more yet.  It would helpful if you could email me a copy of your PC.  Any questions, pls post here, email or text me.


Comments:
Fest Kito
Aasimar, Archon-Blooded, Scion of Humanity
Lawful Neutral Medic // Kineticist

Fest was abandoned to the care of Irori’s followers shortly after birth, and doesn’t know anything about his parents. He’s never wanted to find out more about the parents who didn’t want him, and took to the teaching of the church as a replacement for family. The same abandonment issues lead him to focus on the Irorian belief in self perfection foremost, seeing it as a path to self-reliance since he cannot rely on a family. Fest’s interest in Irori’s other teaching are only studied when they can help meet his goal of self-reliance. This doesn’t mean he refuses to play well with others, he just doesn’t expect them to work out and expects abandonment or betrayal.

Without the blessing of holy magic, Fest continued his training by joining the Hospitaller of the Iron Anvil, an order of followers of lawful gods who support martial healers with a tough of magic. The order is mostly supported by the knights of the order of the God Claw, which bothers some adherents, however, most quickly come to terms with the Asmodian support, since they are spreading healing practices and taking up arms against demonic threats that most shy away from.

As a young medic, Fest has been seeking to prove himself with his ability to fight on the front lines while being a capable surgeon. His natural talent with water and blood manipulation is new to him, awakening in the field with blood on his hand, both his enemies’ blood and allies’ blood. He hasn’t mastered his blood manipulation enough to enhance his healing yet, but he’s sure it will eventually help.

Fest has traveled to [adventure site] to investigate the source of new troubles, supported by the Knights of the God Claw on site. Rumors of strange technology have also piqued his interest, as possibly new sources of knowledge and healing. The local obsessive technology researcher, [local contact], has taken a liking to Fest for some unknown reason, but Fest has become uncomfortably comfortable with the mentorship.

Questions for the DM
(1)For second level characters, do we start with standard starting gear, or 1,000 GP?
(2)Since the Kineticist doesn’t have a favored class option for Aasimars, but I’m playing an aasimar with the Scion of Humanity option, can I use the human favored class option?
(3)I would like to use the “Local Ties” trait form the Iron Gods campaign, to tie to the technology theme (+1 to knowledge (engineering) and I count as having the technologist feat for purposes of knowledge (engineering) checks, or +3 bonus when I take the technologist feat)

Fest Kito’s Key Capabilities at Level 2
Triage: 3/encounter, move to an ally and heal them for 3 points as a swift action, or spend two uses to double move and heal all allies and self as a full round action. May grant fast healing 4 for a minute instead of healing or cure up to four points of ability damage with healing. As an encounter power, I can’t use it outside of combat.
Primary Stance: add +1d6 damage to unarmed attacks or attack made with monk weapons (why Fest carries a tonfa and wushu darts since he doesn’t have improved unarmed strike yet).
Water Blast: +4 for 1d6+5 bludgeon damage, range 30’. Can also use Wrack to deal half damage or quarter damage with a DC 15 fort save vs a target with blood without needing an attack roll.
 
Terry, I'm going to allow 1200 gps worth of starting gear for the PC's. Not sure why kineticist doesn't have an option for Aasimars, but given your character's background, the human favored class option would work. I still have to think about the trait from IG
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]